Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolutions and a Refresh




Happy 2014! It's hard to believe a new year is already up on us. I was lucky enough to have many great moments with wildlife in 2013, and I have shared so few of those encounters. As I look forward to 2014, I have decided it is time to post more photos.

When I first started this blog, I thought I would post of my excursions regularly. And I started with that idea. But then I began to worry about the animals I was photographing. I had a few experiences where one charismatic creature was the focus of many photographers, and I began to feel increasingly uncomfortable contributing to those moments. So, for the most part, I will not reveal the location of my wildlife encounters, and I would appreciate it if others do not try to figure out where I saw these animals.

As I have spent more time out looking for animals, I have tried to develop my skills at noticing animal signs and also my patience and respect for the animals I am lucky enough to see. There are many, many days when I do not see any of the animals I am hoping to. But there are also the magical days when I see something amazing. Hope you enjoy viewing photos from some of those encounters.

Here are some more photos from a very lucky day when I saw a Long Tailed Weasel. This was only the second time I had seen one. My first sighting was so quick that I did not capture a single shot.











2 comments:

  1. yes you're right .. the little weasel are fling and super fast .. since you have the camera have to stop in good to catch them .. it has become of great pictures ... straight where he looks at you so curious .. as if he knew that he is photographed .. ;-))
    regards Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great, Jen. I love these shots. I once found a dead weasel on a log over a creek, and I saw one running along a trail when I only had a point-n-shoot with me. Such an interesting critter.

    ReplyDelete